On May 5, key advisers to the POD project convened in Flagstaff and virtually to review the POD Facilitation Academy and POD Teacher Workshop materials and research instruments. Christine Cunningham, Vice President of Museum of Science, Boston and Founder and Director of Engineering is Elementary, Kirsten Daehler, Director of Making Sense of Science, and Tom Baker, Esri Education Outreach Manager provided excellent suggestions for improving the experience for participants. We appreciate all their time and effort!
We are excited to announce the teacher educators invited to join us for the first POD Facilitation Academy at the state-of-the-art NAU Cline Library Learning Studio July 11-15, 2016. We look forward to learning as much from the Teacher Educators as we hope they will learn from us.
Our first POD Teacher Educators are:
- Ina Ahern, Plymouth Regional High School, NH
- Janey Camp, Vanderbilt University, TN
- Chris Campbell, UTeach Tech, Louisiana Tech, Ruston, LA
- Shireen DeSouza, Ball State University, IN
- Bruce Fink, Kaskaskia College, IL
- Angela Hasan, UUniversity Southern California Rossier School Education, Los Angeles, CA
- Carla Hester-Croff, Western Wyoming Community College, WY
- Melissa McGehee, Arizona State University, AZ
- Robert McGehee, Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiatives at Arizona State University, AZ
- Audrey Mohan, Biological Science Curriculum Study (BSCS), CO
- Katrina Patton, Southeast Community College, NE
- Eric Proctor, Arizona Game and Fish Department, AZ
- Kevin Stilwell, Southwest Virginia Community College, VA
- Lisa Wininger, Plainwell Middle School, MI
- Robert Woolner, Hopkinton MIddle High School / SAU66, NH
We are excited to announce we have invited 15 Teacher Educators to join us for the first POD Facilitation Academy in Flagstaff, AZ.
An outstanding pool of candidates applied for the available positions. This did not make our decision easy! We look forward to learning as much from the Teacher Educators as we hope they will learn from us. As soon as they all officially accept our invitation, we will post their names here. Stay tuned!